Thursday, April 8, 2010

Madyson Ashlee West: March 9th 2010

After all the holidays I had increased my hours at school by about 20 hours. I was putting in a lot of time and trying to stay healthy too. I wasn't able to ever feel good especially with being on my feet 10+ hours a day wasn't helping me out. I took a leave on Febuary 12th as I couldn't handle much more and my back was killing me. My dr. also told me that she was probably going to arrive a lot sooner than expected and to be ready.

I didn't do a whole lot waiting for her to come. Mostly organizing, laying down, cleaning, laying down and picking up the last few things we needed before I went into labor.


I had a dr. appt on March 8th at 4:00pm. Mike and Payton both came with me. (Mike took a leave from work because I was starting to have signs of pre-eclampsia the previous week). My dr. told me that he can "push" things along, and kinda laughed, as he examined me. I thought to myself...yes please, lets just have the baby right here. But just shook it off. We headed to Target to pick up a few things after my appt. We were there maybe 20 minutes, and it started to become really uncomfortable to walk, and I was having contractions. I had been having contractions for weeks, just nothing that would last long enough to be in "true labor". So I really didn't think anything of it. We finished our shopping and I went home and tried to lay down to rest. The contractions didn't go away and I couldn't make myself comfy. I went out to the living room to sit in the recliner and rock, it seemed to help before take away some of the pressure. 1 1/2 hours later I started timing them and they were about 3 minutes apart and last a good 45 seconds - 1 minute. This lasted for another hour. HOORAY! I was in labor!

Alyssa came over and got Payton and took her to my parents, and Mike took me to the hospital. They had me walk around to try and make my water break (which was NO success, just painful). My cervix kept dialating so they FINALLY admitted me into the hospital at like 10:30ish pm. I got my epiderhal at about midnight and felt comfortable and was starting to relax. I was dialted to about a 6 when I got it. I called my nurse in at about 3:00am as I was starting to feel pressure. She checked me and I was fully dialted and thinned, but my water still had not broke. We called my mom and told her to hurry and get here as I was going to have a baby as soon as they broke my water. Alyssa and my mom finally got there about 3:40 and I only had to push for about 9 minutes and she was born at 3:52am. She is healthy and perfect.

We don't have a lot of pictures because Mike was video recording mostly.

This was taken about 3 weeks before I went into labor

Madyson and my niece Hailee. They are only 2 months apart.

1 comment:

Rose said...

So cute! Congratulations!