Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's been a long 3 weeks.....

So I haven't updated since we got home from Hawaii! I have been super busy juggling my time between Mike and Payton, and trying to get over my bronchitis and getting rid of Payton's ear infections. It hasn't been easy and I have felt more worn out than I think I ever have in my entire life (seriously). So now that Payton is over her ear infections and her waking up several times in the night I feel a little more myself. Mike had his foot surgery on August 19th. We had to be in Seattle at 6:00am that morning at Swedish Hospital. Mike was supposed to go into surgery around 7:30am. Everything was going very well, but Mike was scared out of his mind. Who could blame him though, if you don't really know what to expect? So 7 hours passed (yes 7) of me waiting in the hospital for my beeper to go off letting me know he is waking up. So all in all the surgery went well and the Dr. didn't have to cut his heel bone which was good news because it will be a faster recovery. We didn't get home that night until about 7pm. It was such a long day, but good thing Mike wasn't having much pain and really hasn't since his surgery. He is healing very well with hardly any swelling and may be able to get his cast off in about 2 weeks, and return to work (if Boeing doesn't strike, cross your fingers...we are poor). So with that being said I have been in search for a job for quite a while now, and am coming up with nothing. The Real Estate Market is disappearing and so my job has been doing the same. So if anyone knows of anything, please throw it my way!! So that has been our lives for the past 3 weeks...exciting....we know!!! I have taken pictures of Mike's foot, so if you get sick please don't keep scrolling down! It doesn't look all that bad though!

Mike the morning of his surgery right before we walked out the door! He looks thrilled!!

This was just taken yesterday before his 3 week appt.

The stitches were ready to come out! This is the first time I saw it!

And of course here is Payton. She loves to dress up and take her purse and her baby and say bye bye. The hat is a new accessory for her! As you can see she is feeling MUCH better!

1 comment:

Kahana said...

Im glad the surgery went well for Mike and that the healing process is a lot better than expected! And Payton of course is as cute as ever!! I love her accessories :)