Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Surgery and Nice Weather

I had my nasal and ear surgery last week. I can finally hear again. I lost my hearing when I first got pregnant with Payton and it has never really ever come back. It's amazing what all I can hear, we will just see how long I can keep it that way.

So my recovering days were quite miserable. It was gorgeous outside, I was stuck inside with an 18 month old monster, drugged, with absolutely NO help. My mother had gone out of town the day before my surgery, my sister who had promised would be around made plans to go and hang out with friends, and Mike was working outrageous hours. So I guess you could say I was pretty depressed. So these past few days have been a little rough for me. But with all the chaos that was going on I managed to go outside and sit there while Payton ran around screaming and chasing butterflies, singing "I'm bringing home a baby bumble bee" and playing with all of grandma's plants.


This pretty much wore her out with the heat, that she was whining at the door to go back in. So I was a happy camper as that meant nap time for both of us. She slept for about 3 hours, and I couldn't have been happier.

On Sunday Mike had the day off, so he stayed home from church with me so he could help me if I needed anything. It was pretty hot again and so we decided that we would let Payton enjoy it again. Mike filled up the pool on the deck and he poured water from the hot tub to make it a little more of a reasonable temperature and had Payton play in it. She loved it and I was so greatful for him being home so that I could rest. We lathered her up with sunscreen but she must of thought it was whipped cream or something because she decided to eat it. Pretty gross, but it didn't phase her at all.

I will never get a her a bathing suite like this again. The straps are constantly falling off. She has narrow little shoulders.


My little sunbathing babe!

1 comment:

Kahana said...

She is so cute!! I love the swimsuit. Im glad you are feeling better though. You should have called me, i would have come helped yah out. Wasnt it nice to have warm weather for once. Im sick of the rain already. Hopefully once your feeling better we can get together. Did you get my text about playgroups?